Choosing an e-reader for a personal use is different from choosing devices for a community.
Both tablets and dedicated e-readers have their pros and cons. If you choose a device for yourself, you can go through the simple Tablet vs e-reader questionnaire that will let you recognize your own reading preferences.
Choosing a device for a community is different.
Which device could be most durable, and most versatile at the same time? Is a simple 6-inch Kindle or Nook enough? When thinking about tablets, most of us think “iPad”? Samsung Galaxy Tab seems to be more affordable, quite frankly. And and what about the tablet with a focus on e-reading, like Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook?
In an entertaining chart (shown also below), Travis describes what you should be aware of before picking up the device. For the time being there is no clear winner, as far as library devices are concerned.
Click on the image to see it in full view.
Via The Digital Shift.
Here are more posts about libraries in digital times:
- Hundreds of thousands of people are now reading entire novels on Instagram
- The first Night of Bookstores takes place in Poland later this month
- The best cities in the world for book lovers, according to numbers
- Meet the 12-year-old girl who runs a free library in India
- Chanel introduces a library-themed autumn couture collection
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!