Throughout the Harry Potter series, Hogwarts teachers use house points to punish and praise Harry Potter and his colleagues.
Pottermore has just released a fantastic infographic that tracks every award and penalty across the first seven books “to bring you the ultimate guide to point-scoring at this school of witchcraft and wizardry.”
The visual shows the overall number of points given and taken, broken down book by the book; most and least generous teachers; and points received or lost by every student.
In the biggest single award, Albus Dumbledore gives Harry and Ron 200 points each after they save Ginny from the Chamber of Secrets.
Click or tap the infographic to see it in full resolution.
More infographics about books, libraries, and reading:
- Best books about love set in 100 countries around the world (infographic)
- A timeline of international book fairs in 2019 (infographic)
- The state of books and reading in 2018 (infographic)
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading
- The ultimate gift-giving guide – which gifts to give and when (infographic)