Millennials read more than their parents. They prefer print books to e-readers, and visit public libraries more than any other generation.
When asked about reading habits of teens and young adults, you’d most probably assume they prefer a Facebook timeline over a book plot.
You are wrong – and this time “you are wrong” should make you happy. Millennials read more than everyone would expect, and their reading habits are worth taking a closer look.
Take your time and analyze a new infographic created by the team from Expert Editor, a professional editing and proofreading platform combining quality services with affordable prices.
The visual is packed with facts and stats collected from a number of sources and studies over the past five years.
Most of these figures are highly surprising. Book professionals should take them into consideration and ask themselves a question: do we put enough effort to target the Millennials and address their reading preferences?
How do Millennials read?
- 8 out of 10 Millennials have read a book in any format over the last year, including 72% having read a print copy.
- 94% of young adults own a smartphone and use it to read daily.
- Millennials prefer print – 92% of college students prefer reading print books to e-books.
- 56% of Millennials purchase most of the books they read.
- Millennials are more likely than any other age group to visit public libraries – 53% used a library or bookmobile to find and read books (compared to 43% of Baby Boomers).
- Most of young adults rely on social media when it comes book buying – 80% only purchase a book with online reviews and chatter.
Besides upending a few misconceptions about Millennials, the book industry is also probably in a healthier state than we give it credit for. Demand for new books is actually being driven by younger readers.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it to full resolution.
Via Expert Editor Blog.
• • •
Don’t stop exploring. Here are more infographics about books, libraries, and reading:
- 11 science-backed benefits of writing (infographic)
- 19 trendy words you should be using more often (infographic)
- Reading in the 21st century – digital and print compared (infographic)
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!