If you buy an item via this post, we may get a small affiliate fee. Details.
This overview of features, specs, facts, and reviews of Apple iPad mini 2019 is as fast as the tablet itself.
Don’t waste your time on browsing the web for info about Apple’s latest compact iPad mini tablet. We’ve got everything you need in a blazing-fast list that takes less than three minutes of your precious time.
👌 Retina display with the highest pixel density – the 7.9-inch display offers 2048 × 1536 px resolution, what translates to 326 ppi pixel density – the highest in the entire Apple iPad family, including iPad Pro models.
👌 Three times faster than a predecessor – thanks to A12 Bionic chip with M12 coprocessor, the newest iPad mini is blazing fast. It’s not only 3 times faster than iPad mini 4 but it renders graphics 9 times faster.
👌 Apple Pencil 1 compatible – Apple’s 1st-generation stylus features advanced sensors that measure both pressure and tilt. Thanks to that, you can use it as naturally as you do on paper.
|Screen||7.9-inch, 2048 × 1536 px, 326 ppi|
|Storage options||64 or 256 GB|
|Body colors||Silver, Space Gray, Gold|
|Battery||Up to 10 hours|
|Apple Pencil||Compatible with 1st-generation Apple Pencil|
|Weight||10.62 oz / 301 g|
|Dimensions||8.0 × 5.3 × 0.24 in / 203.2 × 134.8 × 6.1 mm|
|Launch date||March 18, 2019|
|Prices||64 GB / WiFi – $399|
64 GB / WiFi + Cellular – $529
256 GB / WiFi – $549
256 GB / WiFi + Cellular – $679
Pros and cons
|Good stuff||Bad stuff|
|• Excellent Retina display with 326 ppi pixel density – the highest among all iPad models|
• Support for Apple Pencil (1st-generation)
• Headphone jack
• Stunning performance: 3 times faster than predecessor
• Great battery life
|• Same old design|
• Large bezel around the screen
• Slow charging speed
• Lightning port instead of USB-C
• No backward case compatibility
• Lack of Face ID
Performance is one of the most important reasons to buy the newest iPad. Here’s a part of the iPad mini 2019 performance test run by Expert Reviews:
In fact, with the same hexa-core A12 Bionic chip inside as Apple’s iPhone XR, iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max (and 3GB of RAM), it’s an absolute beast of a tablet, and it absolutely blows the competition out of the water when it comes to the benchmarks.
The best description of what Apple iPad mini 2019 is about:
The only reason to buy an iPad mini is because you want a killer small tablet. There simply isn’t another tablet at this size that can compete.– Nilay Patel, The Verge
Best iPad mini 2019 reviews from around the web:
- Apple’s new iPad mini is reliable, not revolutionary – Mashable
- Apple iPad mini review (2019): Still the best small tablet – Engadget
- Apple iPad mini review: no competition – The Verge
- New Apple iPad Mini review: renovated, not reimagined – Fast Company
- Review: iPad Mini is back and Apple’s 2019 update offers new mojo for small tablets – CNET
Based on reviews from The Verge, CNET, Mashable, Fast Company, Apple Insider, iMore, 9to5Mac
Based on customer reviews from Amazon.com
- Apple iPad mini 2019 – tech specs, comparisons, pics, and more
- Will my iPad mini 4 case fit iPad mini 2019?
- Buying Apple iPad mini 2019 on Amazon – availability and prices
- Top iPad mini 2019 case covers, sleeves, and accessories in a handy list
Apple iPad mini 2019 – where to buy?
• • •
Latest tips and lists for iPad lovers:
- Beat writer’s block! Here are 15 useful iPad cases and accessories for writing
- 21 innovative iPad cases and accessories that are best suited for reading
- Green Monday 2019 tech deals on Amazon: iPad, Kindle, and more
- When it’s best to buy an iPad case (and when it’s not)
- This single iPad case deal is the best you can get this shopping season