Do you know where the word “pandemonium” comes from? Does the word “freelance” have a long or short history? Do you know the person who used “boredom” for the first time?
Kate Funk has created for Aussiessay the visual that puts together the words coined by authors and used for the first time in their books.
Many of these words that originated from authors of different literary works are still used and part of the standard vocabulary today.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Via Aussiessay Blog.
More infographics to check out:
- 18 business books you can finish on your lunch break (infographic)
- Best books about love set in 100 countries around the world (infographic)
- A timeline of international book fairs in 2019 (infographic)
- The state of books and reading in 2018 (infographic)
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading