Do you know where the word “pandemonium” comes from? Does the word “freelance” have a long or short history? Do you know the person who used “boredom” for the first time?
Kate Funk has created for Aussiessay the visual that puts together the words coined by authors and used for the first time in their books.
Many of these words that originated from authors of different literary works are still used and part of the standard vocabulary today.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Via Aussiessay Blog.
More infographics to check out:
- How many libraries could the bestselling authors fill (infographic)
- How to find out which European language you are reading (flowchart)
- Censorship by the numbers (infographic)
- Top most challenged books of 2018 in the United States (infographic)
- How Shakespeare’s most iconic female characters got their names (infographic)