Do you know where the word “pandemonium” comes from? Does the word “freelance” have a long or short history? Do you know the person who used “boredom” for the first time?
Kate Funk has created for Aussiessay the visual that puts together the words coined by authors and used for the first time in their books.
Many of these words that originated from authors of different literary works are still used and part of the standard vocabulary today.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Via Aussiessay Blog.
More infographics to check out:
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading
- The ultimate gift-giving guide – which gifts to give and when (infographic)
- 8 important things users want from a library (infographic)
- 11 libraries invaluable to world history (infographic)
- 15 proven ways to write faster and become a better writer (infographic)