Do you know where the word “pandemonium” comes from? Does the word “freelance” have a long or short history? Do you know the person who used “boredom” for the first time?
Kate Funk has created for Aussiessay the visual that puts together the words coined by authors and used for the first time in their books.
Many of these words that originated from authors of different literary works are still used and part of the standard vocabulary today.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Via Aussiessay Blog.
More infographics to check out:
- A turn-by-turn guide to literary road trips across America (infographic)
- 9 science-backed ways to build a better brain (infographic)
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)