A well-written and involving children’s book can evoke all sorts of emotions, and wake up the passion for reading.
The biggest challenge is to give a child the right book at the right age.
The team at Stuart Morris UK have prepared an infographic The Essential Children’s Bookshelf that suggests a few best books for the age groups from 3-5 years to 12+.
The selection of titles is accompanied with a short explanation what children need in books when they are at a certain age group. For instance, kids aged 9-11 “appreciate full narratives with strong heroes and lots of conflict.”
Click or tap the infographic to see it in full resolution.
Via Galley Cat.
More infographics about books and reading:
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!