Labor Day is in the United States on Monday, September 3, 2018. To celebrate it, Amazon has revealed a selection of 46 interesting Kindle books that can be grabbed for prices squeezed to $0.99 – $3.99.
The deal is a part of today’s Amazon Gold Box, and you have to hurry up, because it will expire today, at 11:59 pm PDT.
Among the featured titles, you will find a novel by Umberto Eco, famous for its movie adaptation directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud and starring Sean Connery. Yes, it’s The Name of the Rose. Eco’s debut novel is set in the 14th-century Italy and follows a murder mystery in a Benedictine monastery.
The Name of the Rose received several literary awards and took the 14th place on the list of the 100 Books of the 20th century by Le Monde. The novel was translated to English by William Weaver. Today the Kindle edition costs only $2.99, down by almost $10, from
Once again it turns out Kindle Daily Deal can be a great discovery tool. The low price draws your attention to books you would otherwise miss in the flood of millions of other titles.
I’ve just discovered the debut novel by the duo of national security experts: P.W. Singer and August Cole – Ghost Fleet. The page-turner was released in 2015 and imagines a war set in the very near future. According to USA Today, it’s “modern-day successor to tomes such as The Hunt for Red October from the late Tom Clancy.”
The regular price of Ghost Fleet is
$11.99, but today you can get it for $2.99.
Other books worth recommending are:
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth – $1.99 (
- The Art Forger by B.A. Shapiro – $2.99 (
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer – $2.99 (
- Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf – $1.99 (
- Pale as Death (Krewe of Hunters) by Heather Graham – $1.99 (
• • •
Interested in all things Kindle? Check out more posts:
- Here are most gifted books of 2018
- What were the most sold books of 2018?
- Here are Digital Day 2018 Kindle and Audible deals you don’t want to miss
- In an early Digital Day 2018 deal, Kindle Unlimited plans are up to 40% off
- Amazon Digital Day – six things to know to make the most of it
Take a look at Kindle best sellers of 2018 in most popular genres: thrillers, literary fiction, romance, biographies, and more.