This amazing visualization of literary, scientific and artistic influences is designed “to illustrate the enormous creative indebtedness that permeates humanity’s proudest intellectual output, while also demonstrating the cross-pollination of disciplines across science, art, literature, film and music.”
The chart was created by Michelle Legro (Lapham’s Quarterly), Maria Popova (Brain Pickings), and beautifully illustrated by Wendy MacNaughton.
Circles of Influence chart is still available as a poster on Etsy. If you are interested in learning more about the labyrinth of literature, make sure to read Harold Bloom’s The Anatomy of Influence: Literature as a Way of Life.
Via Brain Pickings.
More to explore:
- Famous book quotes completed by artificial intelligence
- Best tech gifts for book geeks 2019 (infographic)
- How to find out which European language you are reading (flowchart)
- How Shakespeare’s most iconic female characters got their names (infographic)
- Use this fun tool to check out the best-selling book of the year you were born