This amazing visualization of literary, scientific and artistic influences is designed “to illustrate the enormous creative indebtedness that permeates humanity’s proudest intellectual output, while also demonstrating the cross-pollination of disciplines across science, art, literature, film and music.”
The chart was created by Michelle Legro (Lapham’s Quarterly), Maria Popova (Brain Pickings), and beautifully illustrated by Wendy MacNaughton.
Circles of Influence chart is still available as a poster on Etsy. If you are interested in learning more about the labyrinth of literature, make sure to read Harold Bloom’s The Anatomy of Influence: Literature as a Way of Life.
Via Brain Pickings.
More to explore:
- Book Bot library robot returns books free of charge in Silicon Valley
- 12 vintage Valentine’s Day cards that you can send digitally
- World’s largest mural resembles a beautiful bookshelf
- A turn-by-turn guide to literary road trips across America (infographic)
- 70 most famous insults from Shakespeare’s plays