This amazing visualization of literary, scientific and artistic influences is designed “to illustrate the enormous creative indebtedness that permeates humanity’s proudest intellectual output, while also demonstrating the cross-pollination of disciplines across science, art, literature, film and music.”
The chart was created by Michelle Legro (Lapham’s Quarterly), Maria Popova (Brain Pickings), and beautifully illustrated by Wendy MacNaughton.
Circles of Influence chart is still available as a poster on Etsy. If you are interested in learning more about the labyrinth of literature, make sure to read Harold Bloom’s The Anatomy of Influence: Literature as a Way of Life.
Via Brain Pickings.
More to explore:
- Rihanna’s new visual autobiography is much more than your usual coffee table book
- This fun tool will give you a book recommendation about your next travel destination
- This cozy wooden cabin is every book lover’s dream weekend getaway destination
- Homes of famous authors recreated in a stunning book art series
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!