On this day, October 7, Edgar Allan Poe died in 1849. The virtuoso of short stories and poetry is best known for his macabre works.
Adam Frost, Jim Kynvin, and Jamie Lenman have prepared for The Guardian an infographic called Murder He Wrote showing how people die in Edgar Allan Poe’s works.
The grisly deaths he inflicted on his characters helped make him the master of the macabre.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
More infographics to explore:
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.