The new addition to already a long list of benefits of Amazon Prime is great news for those who like to read.
Called “Prime Reading,” the new service gives unlimited access to a selection of top-selling Kindle ebooks, popular magazines, comic books, children’s books, and short reads. All at no extra costs, within the yearly Amazon Prime fee of $99 (for which you already enjoy a dozen of other free services).
The list of Prime Reading titles is rotating and includes over 1,000 items. Compared to over 1 million ebooks available in Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, it doesn’t seem overwhelming, but the devil is in the quality of the selected books and magazines.
The original selection of Prime Reading includes, according to Amazon:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,
- The Man In the High Castle,
- The Hobbit,
- Half Way Home and When I’m Gone,
- The Complete Peanuts Vol. 1,
- Kindle Singles from Stephen King, Norman Mailer and Kurt Vonnegut,
- current issues of premium digital magazines, such as National Geographic, People, or Sports Illustrated.
A few days after the announcement, a list of Prime Reading eligible titles has shown up on Amazon. It contains only ebooks – don’t look for the magazines.
The Prime Reading selection includes over 1,000 Kindle ebooks, plus 180 Kindle Singles, and over 100 Kindle Short Reads. By default, the list is sorted by “Featured” and most of the books on the top were released by Amazon imprints.
Monica Ray, Executive Vice President of Consumer Marketing at Condé Nast, says:
Prime readers can now keep up with all the latest news, trends, tips and so much more with the rotating selection of our magazine brands.
A very important feature of Prime Reading is that – opposite to Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – you don’t need to have a Kindle e-reader or Fire tablet to enjoy the eligible content.
Amazon Prime Reading is being introduced shortly after giving Prime members free access to Audible Channels, a service that offers audio programs from top sources, such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, McSweeney’s, or Harvard Business Review.
Currently, the list of Prime benefits for book lovers includes:
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – borrow one Kindle book per month from over 1 million Prime eligible titles,
- Kindle First – pick for free one of four Kindle ebooks per month available in advance of their official release dates,
- Audible Channels – enjoy an unlimited access to a curated selection of programs and news from top sources,
- Prime Reading – get a free access to over 1,000 Kindle books, magazines, short-form reading, and comic books.
Don’t hesitate to check out the full list of Amazon Prime benefits, accompanied by tips and tricks.
• • •
More posts for Amazon and Kindle customers:
- Download free books to your Kindle app for iPad and iPhone
- These Christmas deals on Kindle and Fire are almost as good as during Cyber Monday
- Kindle & Fire Bundle is a great gift for the family of booklovers – and now it’s $35 off
- Here are top 100 most popular Kindle books of 2017
- 15 best bookish gifts of 2017 – a holiday gift guide for book lovers
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Kindle.
Tips and tricks
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 – tech specs, comparisons, reviews, and more
Everything you wanted to know about the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3: launch details, tech specs, comparisons, a review round-up, and lots of pictures.
Your Kindle highlights and notes are now easier to access
Amazon is moving your Kindle highlights and notes to a new place, which can be easily accessed from your phone or tablet.
15 best bookish gifts of 2017 – a holiday gift guide for book lovers
A holiday gift guide for anyone who wants to find a gift for the book lover. Books, special book editions, subscriptions, personal accessories, jewelry, home decor, and more.
18 best gifts and accessories for the mom who loves books
Gifts your book-loving mother will be pleased to get: literary accessories, book-scented candles, bookish home decor, literature-themed jewelry and much more!
50 awesome posters that encourage to read
A list of most awesome read posters from Etsy, Zazzle, Redbubble, Society6 and AllPosters. For all needs and tastes.
50 best literary gifts for a modern-day book lover
This updated list of the best literary gifts for book lovers includes home decor, clothing, candles, accessories, jewelry, and e-reader case covers.