This infographic was released by Voxy a couple of years ago, but it’s worth sharing as it tries to sort popular languages out by the difficulty level.
The list is made from the point of view of the native English speaker. Opposite to the question asked in the visual’s title, I’d rather focus on finding out which languages are the easiest to learn.
The infographic lacks accuracy. For instance, there is no German language included, although it’s being used by 90-100 million people.
Are you going to learn a foreign language? Which one are you thinking of?
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
Via Mental Floss.
More infographics to explore:
- 18 business books you can finish on your lunch break (infographic)
- Best books about love set in 100 countries around the world (infographic)
- A timeline of international book fairs in 2019 (infographic)
- The state of books and reading in 2018 (infographic)
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading