This infographic was released by Voxy a couple of years ago, but it’s worth sharing as it tries to sort popular languages out by the difficulty level.
The list is made from the point of view of the native English speaker. Opposite to the question asked in the visual’s title, I’d rather focus on finding out which languages are the easiest to learn.
The infographic lacks accuracy. For instance, there is no German language included, although it’s being used by 90-100 million people.
Are you going to learn a foreign language? Which one are you thinking of?
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
Via Mental Floss.
More infographics to explore:
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)