A possibility to publish a book in an electronic format, quickly and at no cost, is luring authors to digital self-publishing. There is one value that suffers most from it: quality.
In fact, in digital publishing we should keep as many steps of the traditional process as possible, especially the ones that result in a better book: manuscript check, editing, cover design, professional book marketing.
Agency Fish has put together a simple chart that guides us through the process of publishing a print book. There is much more to do than just:
- writing a book you’re personally satisfied with (first step – content submission),
- using a self-pub dashboard, like the KDP on Amazon, to make the book available in ebookstores (last step: distribution).
Click or tap on the image to enlarge.
More infographics about books in digital times:
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
- What happens when students stop reading over the summer (infographic)
- 12 celebrity memoirs and autobiographies to inspire and motivate you (infographic)