Video-on-demand services were launched 40 years after a prolific British sci-fi novelist John Brunner imagined them in Stand on Zanzibar.
Jules Verne predicted human kind would need a millennium to invent video-chatting. It actually happened 75 years after he published a visionary novel In the Year 2889. AT&T presented Picturephone at the World’s Fair in 1964.
This fantastic infographic from Printer Inks lists 24 books that predicted – and surely inspired – technology innovations we use in our daily life.
Click or tap the image to see it in full size.
Via Book Patrol.
Keep exploring. Here are other infographics about books and reading:
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.