An infographic created by Cleveland Clinic lets you explore all the ways books can open children’s minds as they grow.
[ef-archive number=2 tag=”lists” ]
If you are a parent of a 6-month-old infant or a 5-year-old preschooler, you’ll find here useful tips on how to make books a part of the child’s playtime and bedtime routines.
Reading together with young kids can help them, among others:
- learn to recognize letters,
- understand that print represents the spoken word,
- become aware of how to hold a book, turn the page and start at the beginning,
- realize the relationship between letters and sounds,
- expand their vocabulary,
- begin to develop oral language skills.
Click or tap the infographic to see it in full resolution.
We’ve got more infographics about books and reading:
[ef-archive number=5 tag=”infographics”]