It’s only six days until main Prime Day 2018 deals arrive. Amazon is tempting current and new Prime customers by revealing deals on select products and product categories.
In a press release that’s just been sent out, we read that the price of Kindle Paperwhite will be reduced by $40 for Prime Day 2018.
It means that for the WiFi-only variant with special offers, in either Black or White, you will pay only $79.99, instead of a regular price set at
$119.99. If the same discount is applied to a Wi-Fi + 3G model (it always is), you will pay $149.99 ( $189.99) for the variant with special offers.
No such huge price cut was ever offered on the 3rd-generation Kindle Paperwhite. On Prime Day 2017, the discount was $30. The same during Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2017.
Having in mind that three Kindle models: the basic Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle Voyage, are not the newest kids in town, the $40 price cut on the Paperwhite may suggest we may see the lowest prices ever on the remaining two models as well.
If you want to see what other deals can you expect at midday on July 16, and through July 17, make sure to check out our extensive Prime Day 2018 price watch. Besides the Kindles, it also includes price comparisons on Amazon Fire tablets and Alexa-enabled Echo speakers.
As Amazon is bringing early Prime Day deals as well, check out what’s available right now.
- Don’t miss today’s $4.99 Kindle deal on The President Is Missing
- The new Kindle Paperwhite 4 is waterproof, can play audiobooks, and has bigger storage
- Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018) – full specs, feature round-up, comparisons
- 8 best Bluetooth speakers and headphones for your Kindle
- Audible-ready Kindle Paperwhite will be announced on October 17