Did you know that the sales of Agatha Christie and William Shakespeare books crossed 2 billion each?
If you stacked up 2 billion books, they would equal 1/7 of the way to the moon.
None of the contemporary authors reached half a billion yet. However, books by J.K. Rowling would be visible from space, forming the line as long as The Great Wall of China.
We’ve also made our own calculations, the ones that involve ebooks. If you put 2 billion books on the Kindles, and if each Kindle got 1,000 books, a pile of e-readers would reach 17.4 kilometers – a distance many people have to travel each day to work.
Click or tap the infographic to see it in full resolution.
Via The Digital Reader.
Here are more infographics about books and reading:
- 11 science-backed benefits of writing (infographic)
- 19 trendy words you should be using more often (infographic)
- Reading in the 21st century – digital and print compared (infographic)
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!