The chart is a “diagrammatical dissertation on opening lines of notable novels.”
To put it simply, opening lines of Pride and Prejudice (a close-up above), 1984, Lolita or Metamorphosis are turned by Pop Chart Lab designers into pictograms, using the Reed-Kellogg system for breaking down grammatical construction of sentences.
“A Diagrammatical Dissertation on Opening Lines of Notable Novels” is available as 24×18-inch poster, printed on 100 lb. archival recycled stock.
Click or tab on the image below to see pictograms in close-up.
Via Boing Boing.
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)