We’ve shared already the language infographics on Ebook Friendly, naming only the world’s most popular languages. The visual brings a new dimension on the popularity of languages.
The infographic was designed by the team from MoveHub, the No. 1 portal for people moving abroad.
You’ll see here the maps of continents, with languages attached to particular countries. The languages are not native, but second most popular used in these countries.
Many people assume, that as English is the world’s most common language, it must be the second language in a prevailing majority of countries. It is, but their number is smaller than you could have expected – only 55.
It’s also interesting to see what are the second most used languages in the countries with English as the official language. In the U.S., it’s Spanish. In Great Britain, it’s Polish.
Click or tap on the infographic to see it in full resolution.
More infographics on Ebook Friendly:
- 11 libraries invaluable to world history (infographic)
- 15 proven ways to write faster and become a better writer (infographic)
- 12 common English words that still confuse everyone (infographic)
- Top 30 gifts to give book lovers in 2018 (infographic)
- What is the role of libraries in the digital age (infographic)