Public libraries have always played an essential role in their local communities. Now this role gets more important than ever before.
OverDrive, the leading provider of digital content for libraries, has released an infographic that shows how public libraries evolve to meet patrons’ needs in the digital age.
The infographic is based on a survey conducted by OverDrive in June and July 2015. As much as 16,756 end users answered the questions. The results are presented in a report, that you can download from OverDrive in pdf format.
This report will utilize this data to examine the positive effect the shift to digital content has had on the role of libraries in their communities by helping attract new readers, serve existing patrons better and reach beyond their physical walls.
The key highlights are:
- nearly 90% of patrons borrow one or more ebooks per month; 65% borrow at least once per week,
- library users are expanding their use of the library’s digital catalog. 50% of patrons have a specific book in mind when visiting the library’s website or branch; 80% continue to browse if that title is not available,
- 75% of survey respondents borrowed at least one ebook and print book in the same month. It’s a 22% increase from 2012 (the last time the survey question was asked).
Click or tap on the infographic to enlarge it.
Via Press Release Jet.
More posts about libraries:
- This machine can remove dust from over 5,000 books per day (video)
- 10 most challenged books of 2016 in the US (infographic)
- Interactive map shows librarians’ favorite books around the world
- Leading museums and libraries offer gorgeous coloring books, free to download
- Book, cat, and cardigan lovers (diagram)
Tips and tricks
Kobo Store – a guide to sections, features, and deals
In this post, you’ll find most useful links that will let you easier explore Kobo Store: special sections, deals, help pages, and more.
Kindle Unlimited in questions and answers
Kindle Unlimited Q&A: most common questions about Amazon’s ebook subscription answered in a simplest possible way.
9 gift ideas for the Kindle addict in your life
Going to buy the gift for somebody who already owns the Kindle? Ebook subscription, book-scented candles, functional accessories, book jewelry and clothing, and more.
8 best keyboard cases you can use with your Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet
A list of the best Samsung Galaxy Tab keyboard cases. Includes both cases for specific models and universal keyboard cases.
50 best Kindle cases and accessories to buy in 2017
Find the best Kindle cases and accessories in one frequently updated list. It includes items not only from Amazon, but also Etsy, Caseable, eBay, and other sites.
50 awesome posters that encourage to read
A list of most awesome read posters from Etsy, Zazzle, Redbubble, Society6 and AllPosters. For all needs and tastes.