OverDrive, a leading distributor of digital content to libraries, has released interesting facts about their record-breaking year.
In 2014, more than 136 million titles were checked via OverDrive powered library and school websites. This includes 15 million browser-based ebooks and over 32 million audiobooks.
To present the figures, the OverDrive team has created a nifty infographic, that also includes top 10 searched library websites, and top 5 ebooks borrowed from libraries.
The most popular title last year was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, followed by Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch, and The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty.
Tap or click on the image below to see it in full resolution.
More infographics about libraries and digital reading:
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.