OverDrive, a leading distributor of digital content to libraries, has released interesting facts about their record-breaking year.
In 2014, more than 136 million titles were checked via OverDrive powered library and school websites. This includes 15 million browser-based ebooks and over 32 million audiobooks.
To present the figures, the OverDrive team has created a nifty infographic, that also includes top 10 searched library websites, and top 5 ebooks borrowed from libraries.
The most popular title last year was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, followed by Donna Tartt’s The Goldfinch, and The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty.
Tap or click on the image below to see it in full resolution.
More infographics about libraries and digital reading:
- How many libraries could the bestselling authors fill (infographic)
- How to find out which European language you are reading (flowchart)
- Censorship by the numbers (infographic)
- Top most challenged books of 2018 in the United States (infographic)
- How Shakespeare’s most iconic female characters got their names (infographic)