Parents don’t have to be convinced their children should be reading more. But saying “reading is good for you” may be not enough. What parents need is a list of strong reasons why.
The infographic, prepared by Harper Collins Children with the help from Brandpoint, is all about how reading helps children.
Here are just the four facts:
- 15 minutes of reading per day makes over 1 million of words read in a year,
- reading to a child in an interactive style raises IQ by at least 6 points,
- daily reading to kids puts them almost 1 year ahead of those who are not being read to,
- children without basic literacy skills when they enter school are up to 4 times more likely to drop out later.
You can download a printable version of the infographic from here. Click on the image below to see it in full resolution.
More infographics to explore:
- How libraries are using social media (infographic)
- 10 exciting years of the Kindle (infographic)
- Frequency of reading books across the world (infographic)
- 16 children’s books characters in court (infographic)
- What type of learner are you? (flowchart)
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Infographics.
Tips and tricks
Amazon Fire 7 (2017) – tech specs, comparisons, reviews, and more
Everything you wanted to know about the 2017 Fire 7 tablet from Amazon. You’ll find here a detailed overview, comparisons with other 7-inch tablets, full tech specs, and highlights from top reviews.
A Chrome extension lets you discover a book every time you open a new tab
100 Million Books extension for Chrome browser is a friendly reminder to read great books.
9 best keyboards and keyboard cases for the iPad
A list of versatile keyboards for current iPad models. Foldable keyboards, cases with built-in keyboards, universal keyboard stands, and more.
9 gift ideas for the Kindle addict in your life
Going to buy the gift for somebody who already owns the Kindle? Ebook subscription, book-scented candles, functional accessories, book jewelry and clothing, and more.
50 most popular images about books, reading, and libraries
A list of images about books, reading, and libraries, that were most frequently shared on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media networks.
50 best literary gifts for a modern-day book lover
This updated list of the best literary gifts for book lovers includes home decor, clothing, accessories, jewelry, and e-reader covers.