Raphael Lysander, a graphic designer and owner of Bluewolf Aleppo, has published an infographic on the benefits of reading.
We shared reading infographics many times before, but the new visualization brings new facts into the spotlight.
The benefits are grouped in chapters (health, brain, success, children, etc.). On top of what we already know, for instance, the fact that reading 6 minutes a day can reduce stress by 60% – there are other meaningful comparisons here. Reading reduces stress three times better than walking, and 68% better than listening to the music.
Reading is also an important factor in increasing empathy. 40% of readers volunteer for non-profit organizations. Only 25% of non-readers are willing to do that.
The entire infographic can be seen on Raphael Lysander’s blog, The Metamorphosis Journal.
Click or tap the image below to see it in full resolution
Want to see more infographics? Here are the recent ones:
- Reading 20 minutes a day makes a difference (infographic)
- The clear correlation between libraries and literacy rates (infographic)
- A handy timeline of Dr Seuss books (infographic)
- 18 business books you can finish on your lunch break (infographic)
- Best books about love set in 100 countries around the world (infographic)