Read Aloud 15 Minutes is a non-profit organization with a mission to make reading aloud to a child the new standard in child care.
Their team has created an infographic that highlights the importance of reading aloud. 15 minutes a day is over 450 hours in five years. It makes a difference!
Reading aloud encourages emerging literacy and language development and supports the relationship between children and their parents.
Here are the major benefits:
- it helps develop language,
- it instills a love of reading,
- it helps build literacy skills,
- it’s crucial in brain development,
- it strengthens bonds through interaction.
You can achieve it all by spending only 15 minutes a day with your child and a good book you both can learn from.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Via Read Aloud Blog.
More infographics on Ebook Friendly:
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!