It sounds like a science-fiction, but there is more science in it than fiction.
Imagine finishing a short story in a time shorter than it takes to download it to your Kindle. There is a speed reading technique that lets you read at the speed of 25,000 words per… minute.
The technique is called photo reading and it was developed by Paul Scheele, who offers also other programs that allow people to go beyond what the logical mind believes is possible.
The infographic shown below, commissioned by lifestyle magazine Live Interesting, and designed by Andriy Nemchenko, shows five steps of photo reading technique: prepare, preview, photo read, activate, and rapid read.
In times when we improve every day in managing Facebook news feeds or Twitter streams, this technique, all about sorting information and picking up what’s most important, is not that crazy as it seems.
Tap on the infographic to see it in full resolution.
Here are other infographics to check out:
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!