Libraries, not only the old but also the modern ones, are among places many book lovers dream to see for their own eyes.
Queensland Assignment has released an infographic that lists ten most beautiful libraries in the world. You’ll see here The Reading Room of the Trinity College Library in Dublin, but also the Stuttgart City Library, or Biblioteca José Vasconcelos.
Each card consist of a library image, accompanied with key facts: location, date of foundation, founders, and the size of a catalog.
Each of them has millions of books and periodicals which cannot be found on the internet or Amazon, and the impression of reading them and holding in your hands cannot be beaten by the devices you are using to read now.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
More posts about libraries:
- Hundreds of thousands of people are now reading entire novels on Instagram
- The first Night of Bookstores takes place in Poland later this month
- The best cities in the world for book lovers, according to numbers
- Meet the 12-year-old girl who runs a free library in India
- Chanel introduces a library-themed autumn couture collection