Buzzfeed editor Daniel Dalton asked his Twitter followers for their favorite words in the English language. Then, he beautifully visualized the suggestions, adding his own words, as well.
The entire collection of 32 words/visuals can be found on Buzzfeed, and below we’re showing our favorites.
What is on your list of the most beautiful English words?
The most beautiful English words
vellichor noun the strange wistfulness of used bookshops.
solitude noun a state of seclusion or isolation.
serendipity noun the chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way.
petrichor noun the pleasant, earthy smell after rain.
nefarious adjective wicked, villainous, despicable.
mellifluous adjective a sound that is sweet and smooth, pleasing to hear.
limerence noun the state of being infatuated with another person.
ephemeral adjective lasting for a very short time.
cromulent noun appearing legitimate but actually being spurious.
bombinate verb to make a humming or buzzing noise.
aquiver adjective quivering, trembling.
ethereal adjective extremely delicate, light, not of this world.
• • •
Via Design Taxi.
More stuff for book and language geeks:
- Rihanna’s new visual autobiography is much more than your usual coffee table book
- This fun tool will give you a book recommendation about your next travel destination
- This cozy wooden cabin is every book lover’s dream weekend getaway destination
- Homes of famous authors recreated in a stunning book art series
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)