Prepared by Grammar.net, it’s based on hard data, not common experience. It lists the words that were most commonly misspelled (and corrected) when using an online spell checking tool SpellChecker.net.
So, it’s not only about not knowing the correct grammar, but also about simple typing mistakes. The example is “becuase” (oh, yeah, my spell checker spotted it immediately).
Using the spell checker is the easiest solution, but not the only one. The other solution is to try to focus on writing to avoid making errors in the first place.
Click or tap on the image to enlarge it.
Check out more infographics collected on Ebook Friendly:
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
- What happens when students stop reading over the summer (infographic)
- 12 celebrity memoirs and autobiographies to inspire and motivate you (infographic)