Learning languages is more than just the ability to communicate with people who don’t know your mother tongue.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that learning a second language improves cortical thickness. As a result, we have better memory and sharper thinking.
Higher language skills are linked to growth in the hippocampus and areas of the cerebral cortex – associated with memory, thought and action.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Want to see more infographics? We’ve got a huge archive! Here are the recent ones:
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)