Books have the tremendous power to trigger our imagination. It’s not easy to create a visual work that would inspire us in a similar manner – especially when books have to be in focus.
Take a look at the illustrations below, and you will agree the Polish painter and illustrator Mariusz Stawarski has achieved the goal.
Many of Stawarski’s works are focused on how books influence our life and how inspiring they can be. Born in 1961, he received numerous prizes and nominations for his illustrations.
His works were used in advertising, naming only the campaigns for United Airlines or Heifer International. Since 1990, he works as a designer for the Castle Museum in Malbork, Poland.
Illustrations by Mariusz Stawarski
Set us free.
So many books, so little time.
Food for the mind.
The book character.
• • •
More posts for book geeks:
- How to find out which European language you are reading (flowchart)
- How Shakespeare’s most iconic female characters got their names (infographic)
- Use this fun tool to check out the best-selling book of the year you were born
- Book Bot library robot returns books free of charge in Silicon Valley
- 12 vintage Valentine’s Day cards that you can send digitally