“A white-knuckle blend of crime, young adult and contemporary fiction in a pulse-pounding plot that spans the globe” – this is what a book blurb should be if the novel was written according to the pattern developed by Waterstones.
The team from Waterstones analysed 100 bestselling books from the last ten years. Then they put all the data into Excel sheet and the result is the infographic called The Bestseller Formula.
Forget about any other genre and focus on thrillers, preferably with a lawyer as a main hero.
Start writing books right now, because the bestseller will be 14th in a row.
Make sure four of the pre-bestseller books are good enough to get some literary prizes.
Oh, and don’t forget to coin a perfect title. It should begin with “the” and have four or more words. And please, don’t use the verbs.
Click or tap on the infographic to see it in full resolution.
More infographics to check out:
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!