The end of the year is a great time for summaries and comparisons of all kinds. They are rarely presented in an infographic form, and that’s what makes the new visual from Global English Editing particularly interesting.
The fresh new infographic collects info about American reading habits in 2017.
Each part of the visual is based on a different study or article, giving a comprehensive look at how Americans read nowadays. Basically, most interesting reading facts and figures revealed this year are included in this visual.
Besides the comparison of the time spent on reading, you can find here book sales figures split by format. The print is still most popular – 65% Americans claimed they read this format recently. The sales of hardcover editions increased by 4.1%, while ebook sales went down by as much as 18.7%.
The infographic includes also top 10 bestselling titles of 2017, in both print and ebook format, and a snapshot of the most popular books in all 50 states. Which American cities are most literate? You’ll find this info as well.
Click or tap the visual to see it in full resolution.
- Best books about love set in 100 countries around the world (infographic)
- A timeline of international book fairs in 2019 (infographic)
- The state of books and reading in 2018 (infographic)
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading
- The ultimate gift-giving guide – which gifts to give and when (infographic)