Many Amazon customers bought the Prime membership before Christmas to benefit from free two-day shipping, exclusive deals, or unlimited access to free music, movies, and TV series.
In fact, Amazon Prime membership includes so many benefits that it’s easy to omit even the most interesting ones. What you may be surprised to discover is that Prime offers a growing number of book-related services, not only Kindle Owners’ Lending Library or free shipping of millions of Prime-eligible paper books.
One of the services every Prime member should check out is Prime Reading. The service gives unlimited access to a rotating selection of 1,000 hot Kindle bestsellers, comics, children’s books, short reads, as well as current issues of popular magazines.
The list of Amazon Prime Reading titles is being refreshed every month, but some of the books, naming only Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, stay here since the service was launched in October 2016. These titles are all-time bestsellers and are clearly meant to tempt book lovers to consider getting Amazon Prime.
Last time, we’ve analyzed the selection of Prime Reading eligible titles at the beginning of 2017. Let’s do it again and check out the hottest books on the list. Some of the titles would be a great addition to your 2018 reading challenge, no doubt about it.
The complete list of Prime Reading titles that are available for free with your Amazon Prime membership includes currently 1,125 books and comics.
Just in case you’d wonder what’s better – Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited. These two services offer content from the same pool. As much as 1,035 Prime Reading titles are also available via Kindle Unlimited. The difference is the size of catalogs of eligible books: 1.1 thousand via Prime Reading versus 1.8 million via Kindle Unlimited.
Below, you’ll find our favorite books and comics. They are accompanied by price information, so that you can quickly see how much you save by getting them free via Amazon Prime.
Amazon Prime Reading titles
Select Prime Reading books for 2018 – fiction
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling, with illustration by Mary GrandPré – a great way to re-read in digital format a favorite book series of your childhood – $0.00 (
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur – a debut book by a beloved poet, illustrator, and performer is available via Prime Reading, so that you can read it on your Kindle or in Kindle app for free! If you ask about illustrations – yes, they are included! – $0.00 (
- Ubik by Philip K. Dick – one of Dick’s most acclaimed novels. Published in 1969, this unsettling philosophical fiction focuses on issues of authoritarianism, paranoia, surveillance, and the dangers of using technology – $0.00 (
- Wreckage by Emily Bleeker – from the bestselling author of When I’m Gone comes a fascinating story of survival, secrets, and redemption – $0.00 (
- Ghost Gifts by Laura Spinella – a paranormal fiction novel and Audie Award winner follows Aubrey Ellis whose extraordinary gifts help solve a a decades-old murder mystery – $0.00 (
Select Prime Reading books for 2018 – non fiction
- Mindfulness by Mark Williams and Danny Penman – subtitled “An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World” this international bestseller includes a set of daily activities that you can start performing to break the cycle of unhappiness, anxiety, and stress – $0.00 (
- A Spy’s Guide to Thinking by John Braddock – it’s one of the most interesting Kindle Singles ever released. In this 50-minute read, a former CIA case officer puts you in his head during a dangerous encounter, and teaches how to think in order to win – $0.00 (
- The Price of Inequality by Joseph E. Stiglitz – Nobel Prize–winning economist examines the effect of inequality on America’s economy, democracy, and system of justice – $0.00 (
- Unwind!: 7 Principles for a Stress-Free Life by Michael Olpin and Sam Bracken – with its “whole-person” approach, the book is about optimizing your body, heart, mind; it helps you get clear about who you are – $0.00 (
- How Children Succeed by Paul Tough – this provocative book introduces us to a new generation of researchers who provide us with new insights into how to improve the lives of children – $0.00 (
Select Prime Reading comic books for 2018
- Star Wars: Darth Vader Vol. 1 by Kieron Gillen, Salvador Larroca, and Adi Granov – the comic book from comiXology follows the original Dark Lord of the Sith in his first ongoing series. This edition includes parts 1-6 – $0.00 (
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid written and illustrated by Jeff Kinney – the first book from an extremely popular book series for children introduces a new kind of hero “who epitomizes the challenges of being a kid.” A great read for all members of your family – $0.00 (
- The Complete Peanuts Vol. 1: 1950-1952 by Charles Schulz – the book includes the first two years of one of the world’s “longest comic strip stories ever told by one human being” (in total, there are almost 18,000 Peanuts stories created by Charles Schulz). Many of comic strips from the book have never been collected before – $0.00 (
- Star Wars Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday – Marvel’s collected Star Wars stories from the first half of 2015, following Luke Skywalker and the rebels after they managed to destroy the Death Star – $0.00 (
- World War Hulk by Greg Pak and John Romita Jr. – the book collects first five World War Hulk stories from 2007, after Hulk found peace on the planet Sakaar – $0.00 (
• • •
Check out recent posts that are related to what you’ve just finished reading:
- Several iPad cases and accessories from JETech are up to 40% off on Amazon
- Amazon celebrates World Book Day by offering free Kindle books in translation
- This case will let you show off your golden Kindle Oasis
- Kindle Oasis is now available in Champagne Gold
- Original Spot wall mount holder for Amazon Echo Dot is currently 45% off
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Amazon.
Start the discussion
Tips and tricks
Use Kindle app for iOS to read articles you find on the web
Kindle for iOS can be used not only to read ebooks and magazines from the Kindle Store, but also content avaiable online.…
Amazon Fire 7 (2017) – tech specs, comparisons, reviews, and more
Everything you wanted to know about the 2017 Fire 7 tablet from Amazon. You’ll find here a detailed overview, comparisons with other 7-inch tablets, full tech specs, and highlights from top reviews.
15 cases for Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) that combine functionality with style
Best cases for Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet released in 2017. Advanced functionality, unique style, affordable price. Folio cases, slim shell covers, felt sleeves, and keyboard cases. Enjoy!
35 gifts your dad will love as much as he loves books
A list of the unique gifts for the dad who has everything and who loves reading books. Personal accessories, home decor ideas, tech gadgets, digital subscriptions, Kindle bundles, and more.
50 best iPad cases and accessories to buy in 2018
An updated overview of the best iPad cases, sleeves, and accessories from around the web. iPad 9.7 2018/2017, iPad Pro 2017 models: 10.5 and 12.9, and older iPad tablets.
50 best Kindle cases and accessories to buy in 2018
Find the best Kindle cases and accessories for the basic Kindle, Paperwhite, Voyage, and Oasis. The list includes items not only from Amazon, but also Etsy, Caseable, eBay, and other sites.