Christmas and books should be the closest friends. What is a better time to turn into beautiful words? And what is a better time to read books?
In reality, Christmas is not the most popular topic authors tend to deal with. William Shakespeare mentioned it in his works only three times.
Christmas Carol, a novella by Charles Dickens, is a noble exception. When we think about Christmas in literature this is the title to come to mind immediately. Any other examples?
Find below most meaningful book quotes about Christmas. We turned some of them into images so that you can easily share the wonderful mood with your friends and followers.
Read also 50 most inspirational quotes from books
20 book quotes about Christmas
Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.
– Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
One can never have enough socks. Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.
– J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Pray, dear madam, another glass; it is Christmas time, it will do you no harm.
– William Makepeace Thackeray, The Kickleburrys on the Rhine
Christmas day is the children’s, but the holidays are youth’s dancing-time.
– Booth Tarkington, The Magnificent Ambersons
At Christmas I no more desire a rose / Than wish a snow in May’s new-fangled shows
– William Shakespeare, Love’s Labour’s Lost
A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.
– Garrison Keillor, Leaving Home
Always winter but never Christmas.
– C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Everyone wants a Christmas tree. If you had a Christmas tree Santa would bring you stuff! Like hair curlers and slut shoes.
– Janet Evanovich, Visions of Sugar Plums
What kind of Christmas present would Jesus ask Santa for?
– Salman Rushdie, Fury
Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.
– G.K. Chesterton, Brave New Family
It was the beginning of the greatest Christmas ever. Little food. No presents. But there was a snowman in their basement.
– Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
It struck him that how you spent Christmas was a message to the world about where you were in life.
– Nick Hornby, About a Boy
To perceive Christmas through its wrapping becomes more difficult with every year.
– E.B. White, The Second Tree from the Corner
The real Santa Claus is at the mall.
– Lemony Snicket, The Lump of Coal
Fine old Christmas, with the snowy hair and ruddy face, had done his duty that year in the noblest fashion, and had set off his rich gifts of warmth and color with all the heightening contrast of frost and snow.
– George Eliot, The Mill on the Floss
I don’t want Christmas season to end, because it’s the only time I can legitimately indulge in on particular addiction: glitter.
– Eloisa James, Paris in Love
Miracles happen on Christmas, Pat. Everybody knows that shit.
– Matthew Quick, The Silver Linings Playbook
Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.
– Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
– Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
Images of authors via Wikipedia.
• • •
Check out more lists on Ebook Friendly: