I am a social librarian (infographic)
Digital world demands from a librarian to skillfully use one more tool – social media.
Library Connect together with Joe Murphy prepared a wonderful infographic that pictures many faces of the social librarian.
The social librarian is enmeshed in the fabric of the Internet of Things as curator, educator, filter and beacon. In this complex, dynamic and demanding environment, librarians are extending themselves and empowering library users.
You don’t have to undertake all the activities listed below. Fitting well into one of the profiles is more than enough.
Which portrait is closest to what you’re already doing?
Click on the image to enlarge.
More posts about libraries:
- America’s libraries by the numbers (infographic)
- Making a research? Ask a librarian for help (infographic)
- The Floating Library reaches readers in the middle of the lake (pictures)
- Public libraries lead the way to digital inclusion (infographic)
- 85% of ebooks are not available to public libraries in the UK (infographic)
Leave a commentcomments powered by Disqus
Get free updates via email
Powered by MailChimp
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
Rugged, durable case made for accidents and heavy use. Fortified with three layers of rugged protection. Durable exterior slipcover absorbs impact and provides grip.
Amazon Fire Phone with Dynamic Perspective, 32GB
The only smartphone with Dynamic Perspective, Firefly, and Mayday. The smartphone lets you read ebooks without having to touch the screen.
Average rating: 4.0/5