I am a social librarian (infographic)
Digital world demands from a librarian to skillfully use one more tool – social media.
Library Connect together with Joe Murphy prepared a wonderful infographic that pictures many faces of the social librarian.
The social librarian is enmeshed in the fabric of the Internet of Things as curator, educator, filter and beacon. In this complex, dynamic and demanding environment, librarians are extending themselves and empowering library users.
You don’t have to undertake all the activities listed below. Fitting well into one of the profiles is more than enough.
Which portrait is closest to what you’re already doing?
Click on the image to enlarge.
More posts about libraries:
- Shaping library’s future (infographic)
- A revolutionary mobile library center, designed by Philippe Starck (video)
- Disney-style photoshoot in the largest monastic library in the world (pictures)
- “I love my library” – a brilliant animated poem by Scroobius Pip (video)
- Automated book sorting system at Norway National Library (video)
Leave a commentcomments powered by Disqus
Get free updates via email
Powered by MailChimp
Fintie Vintage Cover for Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite
This beautiful case cover is handcrafted to look like a classic book. Supports auto sleep/wake function. Designed exclusively for Kindle 2014 and Kindle Paperwhite.
Average rating: 4.7/5
New Kindle with Touchscreen Display
Amazon’s most affordable Kindle e-reader has now a new, easy-to-navigate touchscreen interface, 20% faster processor, and twice the storage.
Average rating: 4.0/5