I am a social librarian (infographic)
Digital world demands from a librarian to skillfully use one more tool – social media.
Library Connect together with Joe Murphy prepared a wonderful infographic that pictures many faces of the social librarian.
The social librarian is enmeshed in the fabric of the Internet of Things as curator, educator, filter and beacon. In this complex, dynamic and demanding environment, librarians are extending themselves and empowering library users.
You don’t have to undertake all the activities listed below. Fitting well into one of the profiles is more than enough.
Which portrait is closest to what you’re already doing?
Click on the image to enlarge.
More posts about libraries:
- Three ways to sort books on a bookshelf (video)
- How the libraries were organized in the 1950s (video)
- The changing role of the modern librarian (infographic)
- A library parody of Justin Bieber’s “Sorry” (video)
- 5 ways to get the most out of the library (infographic)