I am a social librarian (infographic)
Digital world demands from a librarian to skillfully use one more tool – social media.
Library Connect together with Joe Murphy prepared a wonderful infographic that pictures many faces of the social librarian.
The social librarian is enmeshed in the fabric of the Internet of Things as curator, educator, filter and beacon. In this complex, dynamic and demanding environment, librarians are extending themselves and empowering library users.
You don’t have to undertake all the activities listed below. Fitting well into one of the profiles is more than enough.
Which portrait is closest to what you’re already doing?
Click on the image to enlarge.
More posts about libraries:
- Many reasons you need a librarian (infographic)
- The Digital Roadmap helps libraries identify new technologies to implement
- America’s libraries by the numbers (infographic)
- Making a research? Ask a librarian for help (infographic)
- The Floating Library reaches readers in the middle of the lake (pictures)
Leave a commentcomments powered by Disqus
Get free updates via email
Powered by MailChimp
Mulbess Kobo Aura HD Stand Case Cover
Thin and lightweight case cover, with elastic hand strap and easy snap-on installation. Turns into a portrait stand for hands-free reading. Available in six colors.
The Book-Lovers’ Anthology, 1911
The publication collects excerpts from 250 authors – on books, libraries, and reading. Available as a free public domain ebook.