In the digital age, libraries are more important than ever before, and it’s worth discussing their future.
A new topic has just appeared on Debating Europe, a platform where users from Europe can discuss issues they care about with EU politicians and experts.
The debate about the role of libraries is accompanied by an infographic that is designed to trigger discussion about challenges the libraries are facing in the near future.
The visual is based on outdated information (for instance, the number of ebooks available on Project Gutenberg is now over 57,000). Nevertheless, it’s a great start to find answers to the following questions:
- Is the march of technology making paper books outdated?
- What role can libraries play in an information-rich world?
- Why are public libraries closing down?
- In an age of tablets and screens, are paper books a luxury?
- Could libraries be a way to offer services to vulnerable groups?
Click or tap the infographic to see it in full resolution.
Via Debating Europe.
More to explore: