The Fall of Gondolin
The Fall of Gondolin is one of the original Lost Tales that J.R.R. Tolkien started writing in 1917 in an army barracks. The story was just published as a standalone book by HarperCollins.
The book follows two of the greatest powers in the world. Morgoth is of the uttermost evil, ruling over a vast military power from his fortress of Angband.
Ulmo, who is deeply opposed to Morgoth, is second in might only to Manwë, chief of the Valar. He is called the Lord of Waters, of all seas, lakes, and rivers under the sky.
Central to this enmity of the gods is the city of Gondolin, beautiful but undiscoverable.
More to explore:
- Recommended ebook: The Reckoning – John Grisham
- Recommended ebook: The Fifth Risk – Michael Lewis
- Recommended ebook: Elevation – Stephen King
- Recommended ebook: Fire & Blood – George R.R. Martin
- Recommended ebook: Becoming – Michelle Obama
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.