We’ve seen many literary maps already, but the simplest ideas are usually hardest to catch.
And there it is! The literary map of the world where each country is represented by one book. And the book is represented by the most recognizable cover.
The books were picked by the author subjectively. You’ll certainly disagree with some decisions. The way I see it is that the purpose of the map is not necessarily to show the most famous book, but the one that defines the country.
The map has been already updated with better book picks, and now it’s accompanied by the entire list of titles, in case you can’t decode them from the visual. You’ll find everything in this Reddit thread.
Do you agree with country-book pairings? Click or tap the image to see them in full resolution.
Via The Independent.
Keep exploring. Here are other infographics about books and reading:
- A turn-by-turn guide to literary road trips across America (infographic)
- 9 science-backed ways to build a better brain (infographic)
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)