We’ve seen already a couple of visuals that tried to pick up the most popular books of all time.
The infographic designed by Lovereading.co.uk, a book discovery site with advanced tools to help you choose your next read, has pushed the topic to a totally new level.
You’ll not only see the most popular books listed in one place, but the description of each book includes also estimation about number of editions, number of translations and units sold.
Almost half of these titles are available legally as free ebooks (for Kindle, iPad, and other devices). We list them below with links to Project Gutenberg.
Most popular books of all time – free ebook downloads
- The Odyssey – Homer
- The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet – William Shakespeare
- Don Quixote – Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Robinson Crusoe – Daniel Defoe
- The King James Bible
- Dream of the Red Chamber, Book I – Cao Xueqin
- Dream of the Red Chamber, Book II – Cao Xueqin
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
- Andersen’s Fairy Tales – H. C. Andersen
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Seas – Jules Verne
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain
- She – H. Rider Haggard
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Arthur Conan Doyle
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
More infographics on Ebook Friendly:
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)
- A fascinating evolution of the alphabet (flowchart)
- 140 years of audiobooks (infographic)
Prime members can save up to $50 on select Kindle models, but there are also other – equally interesting – Kindle-related deals that all Amazon customers can get.