Reading books is the best way to prevent summer slide – a decrease of achievement gains made during the previous school year.
Kids in Transition to School, an evidence-based program that provides a boost to children’s literacy, has released an infographic that lists tips on how to help kids exercise their reading muscles during summer.
The last tip, the one that shows how to pick up the book that’s suitable for the child’s level, is particularly interesting.
You can use the five finger rule. Let your child read the book. Hold up a finger every time she doesn’t recognize a word. If she gets to five fingers before finishing the page, the book may be too hard. Try to find an easier one.
Click or tap the infographic to enlarge it.
Via KITS Blog.
More infographics to explore:
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)
- 50 empowering quotes from fictional female characters (infographic)
- Best selling books and book series of the 21st century (infographic)