Usually, a new Kindle e-reader is first launched in the US and a few other most important markets – the ones that have localized Amazon stores, such as UK, Germany, or Italy.
It usually takes a couple of months to release the version for customers who shop on Amazon.com, but live outside the US, in one of the 180 countries and locations worldwide.
Kindle Voyage International is available for foreign customers of the Kindle Store US on Amazon.com. That means it can be shipped directly to Amazon customer’s address in a different country than the US.
The Wi-Fi version costs $219.99. It’s $20 more than the version for the US market. Foreign customers of Amazon.com can also buy Kindle Voyage version with Wi-Fi and 3G. Its price is set at $289.99.
Voyage is terribly expensive, but some users will be eager to pay for a set of unique features and slim design.
Amazon’s high-end e-reader offers high-resolution 300 ppi display with new adaptive front light. Thanks to that you’ll be able to read comfortably both in the dark and bright sun. There is also a unique feature called PagePress. It will let you turn pages without lifting a finger.
You can check the availability of Kindle Voyage International on a product page, by clicking on a drop-down menu, and selecting your location (see the screenshot below). The first thing you get is the short message telling you whether the device ships (green) or not (red) to your country.
The good news is that Kindle Voyage can be delivered to most of over 180 destinations on the list.
How is that possible that so few customers are aware of the international availability of Kindle Voyage?
First, Amazon hasn’t made an official announcement about that. The company is putting more stress on launching devices in particular Kindle Stores around the world.
Secondly, the international Kindle Voyage is very difficult to find on Amazon.com. I did a research at the beginning of 2016, and Kindle Voyage was not linked from international versions of neither the basic Kindle nor Kindle Paperwhite.
Why do I assume that the international Kindle Voyage is being sold on Amazon.com since spring 2015? When you go through the reviews, you’ll see that the first one was written in April 2015.
Currently, three Kindle models are offered on Amazon.com for customers living outside the US. Each of them sells at a price that is $20 higher than the respective model for US customers:
- Kindle International – the basic Kindle costs $99.99 for international customers,
- Kindle Paperwhite International – the most popular Kindle has the 300 ppi screen, and a built-in adjustable light – you can buy it from abroad directly on Amazon.com for $139.99,
- Kindle Voyage International – international customers pay $219.99.
To get the Kindle delivered to your country, you’ll have to add around $50 for shipping and taxes.
International versions of Kindle e-readers are rarely included in Amazon’s price promotions, but when they are we are sharing the deals on Ebook Friendly.
You can quickly check availability of Kindle Voyage International using a drop-down menu below:
Kindle Voyage International
Highest resolution e-reader display
Kindle Voyage features a high-resolution 300 ppi display for crisp, laser quality text. No other e-reader offers a higher resolution display. The micro-etched glass screen is crafted to eliminate glare and feel like paper to the touch.
Light that adjusts with you
Kindle Voyage can be read in bright sunlight or total darkness—and it’s smart enough to know the difference. With a new adaptive front light, Kindle Voyage senses the light in your environment, and changes the setting to the ideal brightness.
Effortless page turns
PagePress allows you to turn the page without lifting a finger. Simply apply pressure on the bezel to turn the page, and PagePress will provide a silent haptic response for consistent and immediate feedback.
Remarkably thin design
At just 7.6mm thin, Voyage is our thinnest Kindle ever. Comfortably hold Kindle Voyage in one hand for long reading sessions.
- Passionately crafted for readers
- High-resolution 300 ppi display – reads even more like the printed page
- Reimagined page turns–PagePress enables you to turn the page without lifting a finger
- New adaptive front light – provides ideal brightness, day or night
- Our thinnest Kindle ever
- Battery lasts weeks, not hours
• • •
Other posts for Kindle users:
- Celebrate World Book Day 2019 with these free Kindle books in translation!
- 12 tips to make the most of Kindle books on your iPad
- What’s better than Kindle Paperwhite? Two Kindles Paperwhite
- Should I buy Kindle Paperwhite 4? These five questions will help you decide
- Kindle iOS app will soon let you filter books by read and unread