The top-end Kindle device started shipping on April 27, 2016. Unlike another premium e-reader from Amazon, Kindle Voyage, the new device can be ordered right from the beginning by users from over 100 countries.
At the day of its announcement, Kindle Oasis could be pre-ordered by customers of Amazon.com as well as Amazon stores localized in other major countries (for instance, the UK, Germany, or Canada).
But the most important news is that the e-reader can be also bought by the foreign customers of Amazon.com.
Update: Kindle Oasis can be ordered by foreign customers of Amazon.com, but it sold out and will be back on July 19, 2016.
It’s not that obvious. Kindle Voyage was not available for foreign customers of the US Kindle Store until the beginning of 2016 – over a year since its launch in autumn 2014.
Kindle Oasis International costs on Amazon.com $309.99. It’s $20 more than the version offered to customers living in the US. foreign customers can order a Wi-Fi version. The only case color that’s currently available is black.
This price difference is a standard. All Kindles available to foreign customers who shop directly from the US Amazon store, are $20 more expensive than their respective domestic versions:
- Kindle International – the basic Kindle costs $99.99 for international customers,
- Kindle Paperwhite International – the most popular Kindle has the 300 ppi screen, and a built-in adjustable light – you can buy it from abroad directly on Amazon.com for $139.99,
- Kindle Voyage International – international customers pay $219.99.
Why is Kindle Oasis so expensive, and what’s so special about it?
In short, it’s the thinnest and lightest Kindle ever made. It offers two unique features:
- asymmetric design – the tapered design is shifted to one side, where both page-turn buttons are positioned. Combined with the ergonomic grip, it makes it easy to use one-handed,
- battery cover – the e-reader comes with a premium leather cover that has a battery inside. Thanks to that, you will be able to use Kindle Oasis for several months, not weeks, without the need to recharge.
If you order from abroad the Kindle model directly on Amazon.com, you should add between $30 and $50 to cover the costs of shipping, handling, and taxes.
Amazon Kindle Oasis with Leather Charging Cover
The thinnest Kindle ever
Designed to feel as light as paper, Kindle Oasis is over 20% lighter and 30% thinner on average than any other Kindle. The handgrip tapers to an ultra-thin 0.13” display so you can read comfortably for hours.
Perfectly balanced ergonomic design
A tapered ergonomic handgrip shifts the center of gravity to your palm, to rest in your hand like the spine of a book. Perfectly balanced for one-handed reading, Kindle Oasis enables you to get lost in your story.
Page turn options
Comfortably turn the page with either the touch display or dedicated page turn buttons located on the front of the handgrip. Whether you choose to read with your left or right hand, Kindle Oasis automatically rotates the page orientation to match.
Dual-battery charging system
Charge the device and cover simultaneously while snapped together and plugged in. When on the go, the cover will automatically recharge the device, giving you months of combined battery life.
Premium leather cover included
The removable charging cover is made of high-quality leather and comes in your choice of black, merlot, or walnut. Twelve magnets form a secure attachment between device and cover, while still easy to detach when the lightest possible weight is desired.
• • •
More posts for Kindle users:
- This is your last chance to grab Kindle and Fire deals in 2018
- Get the basic Kindle with free Kindle Unlimited plan and save $30
- This Kindle + Audible bundle is all you need this holiday season
- Kindle Paperwhite 4 is up to $60 off but doesn’t include Kindle Unlimited anymore
- Here are 15 best Kindle Unlimited books of all time