In this short guide you will learn how to start the new Audible Plus subscription giving unlimited access to almost 70,000 hours of original audio publications.
Audible Plus is a new subscription model offered by the platform since the end of August 2020. For $7.95 per month subscribers get unlimited access to audiobooks and podcasts in the newly revealed Plus catalog.
Most of eligible audiobooks are exclusive to Audible, and the list includes over 11,000 audio publications which translates to over 68,000 hours of listening.
The new subscription works the same way as Kindle Unlimited. You get unlimited access to a catalog of eligible titles, and you can download and listen to any of these titles for how long you want.
Just like Kindle Unlimited (and opposite to Audible Gold plan), you don’t own audiobooks you download because there are no credits to exchange. When you cancel your subscription, all Audible Plus audiobooks will be deleted from your Audible app the moment it syncs via the web with your account.
If you wish to check out the catalog of Audible Plus audiobooks, you can do it on Amazon without signing up.
It’s still not easy to find Audible Plus sign up page, either on Amazon or Audible. It’s because Amazon is continuously promoting the Gold plan, now called Audible Premium Plus. It costs the same as before ($14.95). On top of unlimited access to the Plus catalog, you get 1 or 2 credits per month (respectively for the former Gold or Platinum plans). These credits you can use to buy any audiobooks that are not included in the Plus catalog.
It’s worth mentioning that you are eligible for Audible Plus free trial (called “preview”) even if you have used your Gold free trial before.
[ef-reco id=”147727″ title=”Read also” info=”Top article”]
Audible Plus unlimited streaming – how-to guides
How to sign up for Audible Plus plan
Here is the quickest way to start Audible Plus:
1. Go to Audible Membership Sign-up page on Amazon.
2. Find “Audible Plus” column in the membership comparison table.
3. Click on “Preview Plus free” orange button at the bottom.
4. You will be asked to sign in with your Amazon / Audible credentials.
5. The confirmation window appears stating that you are eligible for 30-day free preview of Audible Plus, and that you will be charged $7.95 for the next month.
6. Done! Your subscription has just started.
You can cancel Audible Plus any time by going to Audible settings page on Amazon.
How to use Audible Plus plan
1. Open Audible app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Tap “Discover” section at the bottom bar.
3. Look for audiobooks with a label “Included” – they are free to listen and download with your Audible Plus subscription.
Interested in audiobooks? The story continues:
[ef-archive number=5 tag=”audiobooks”]