The world’s top 10 most read authors have sold over 13 billion copies of their works combined. Have you ever tried to imagine just how many that is?
We’ve seen what would happen if you stacked the books, but there is a better way to show how huge the number of sold copies is.
Wordery, a popular online bookshop that created a fun tool to check out the best selling book the year you were born, came up with a new entertaining piece for book lovers.
The newest infographic shows how many libraries could the world’s top authors fill. As a reference not an average library is chosen but the largest one – the Library of Congress.
If you wanted to put in the Library of Congress all copies of J.K. Rowling’s books, you’d need to build twelve more libraries the size of LOC.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
Via Daily Waffle.
More infographics about books and libraries:
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
- 11 famous books that began as dreams (infographic)
- Simple tips to help read quicker and comprehend more (infographic)