Global English Editing, a company that offers professional editing and proofreading services, has released a new infographic that takes a closer look at the most popular books of all time, going back as far as the 10th century BC.
From religious texts such as to revolutionary texts such On the Origin of Species to the pure literary genius found in War and Peace, the following timeline not only highlights the history of blockbuster books, but also some of the most significant dates in human history.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
More infographics to explore:
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)
- 50 empowering quotes from fictional female characters (infographic)
- Best selling books and book series of the 21st century (infographic)