London-based graphic designer Jess Yanzio has created a wonderful chart that analyzes music in Haruki Murakami novels.
The infographic is called Murakami: A Literary Record. It visualizes songs and musical pieces mentioned in all Murakami’s books. You’ll see the details such as the artist or composer, plus the genre it represents.
There are dots in four colors, and each one describes a different music style, from classical to jazz, to rock, to blues.
The infographic appears as a turning vinyl record of the soundtrack to Murakami’s novels, with the undulating levels of the data referencing audio levels.
Click or tap the visual to see it in full resolution.
More infographics to explore:
- 9 science-backed ways to build a better brain (infographic)
- America seen through banned and challenged books (infographic)
- A quick and easy guide to Amazon Prime Day 2018 (infographic)
- 18 most recognizable book covers and fun facts about them (infographic)
- 50 empowering quotes from fictional female characters (infographic)