Using iBooks Store has its pros and cons, but many users decided to use it because of a convenience of shopping.
If you shop in the iBooks Store and want to gift the book to a family member or a friend, you can follow the simple steps below.
Make sure to continue reading to check out the things necessary to get the gift delivered.
Gift a book from the iBooks Store
1. Probably you have noticed already that iTunes no longer handles your books. Now the books are managed with the iBooks for Mac application.
In the top left corner of the iBooks for Mac, click on the iBooks Store button.
2. Search for the book you want to gift. On a list of search results, click on a price button next to the chosen book. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on the Gift This Book option (see screenshot below).
Alternatively, you can click on the book and go to the page with book details. From here you will also have the possibility to gift a book.
Similarly to the search results page, click on the button with a price, and select Gift This Book option.
3. A dialog box will appear, where you should type the email address of the recipient of the gift. Other fields are optional: your name and message.
You can also decide whether you want the gift delivered now or in the future. If you check Other Date option, you will be able to set the date up to 90 days in advance.
So, if you want to gift an iBooks book for Christmas, the earliest date you can do it is September 27th.
Things to know
To make sure your gift gets delivered, read the following.
1. Make sure the email address of the recipient is the one that person is using as a login to the iBooks Store.
2. You can only send a gift to a person who is using the same iBooks Store.
In other words, if you are shopping in the U.K. iBooks Store, you can’t gift a book to someone who is shopping in the U.S. iBooks Store.
3. iTunes Store is localized in around 150 countries, but the iBooks Store is not in all of them.
That’s quite easy to check out. If you can’t connect with the iBooks Store from your iBooks app, the recipient will also not be able to do this.
4. Double check whether the recipient of the gift is using iBooks to read ebooks. If she or he is using another book-reading app from the App Store, naming only Kindle or Marvin, you gift may miss the target.
• • •
More posts to check out:
- How to add Audible narration to Kindle for iPad and iPhone
- The ultimate guide to using Kindle app for iPad and iPhone
- Kindle app for iPad and iPhone updates with Ember Bold font
- Postepic app lets capture quotes from print books and share them as images
- iPad and iPhone: now you can add web pages to your Kindle app via share menu
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: iPhone.
Tips and tricks
How to cancel Kindle Unlimited subscription
Are you a Kindle Unlimited member but want to cancel the subscription? Here is how to do it.
How to add Audible narration to Kindle for iPad and iPhone
Want to listen to audiobooks on your iOS device? You can get a dedicated app, but you can also do it with your Kindle app.
17 insanely colorful Amazon Fire 7 (2017) cases and sleeves
Brighten your life with the Fire 7 tablet, and brighten your Fire 7 tablet with one of these colorful cases, covers, and sleeves. They fit the 7th generation Amazon Fire 7, released in June 2017.
20 unique cases and sleeves for the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9
A selection of the most functional covers and sleeves designed for Apple iPad Pro tablets released in 2017: Pro 10.5 and Pro 12.9. Leather sleeves, keyboard cases, stand covers, rotating stands, military-grade cases, and more. Amazon, Etsy, Otterbox.
50 thought-provoking quotes about libraries and librarians
A list of the best quotes about libraries and librarians, together with quotes that you can share as images.
50 short books for busy people
Best short books you can read in less than three hours. Novels and novellas you can’t miss, short stories, and most interesting non-fiction books.