Using iBooks Store has its pros and cons, but many users decided to use it because of a convenience of shopping.
If you shop in the iBooks Store and want to gift the book to a family member or a friend, you can follow the simple steps below.
Make sure to continue reading to check out the things necessary to get the gift delivered.
Gift a book from the iBooks Store
1. Probably you have noticed already that iTunes no longer handles your books. Now the books are managed with the iBooks for Mac application.
In the top left corner of the iBooks for Mac, click on the iBooks Store button.
2. Search for the book you want to gift. On a list of search results, click on a price button next to the chosen book. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on the Gift This Book option (see screenshot below).
Alternatively, you can click on the book and go to the page with book details. From here you will also have the possibility to gift a book.
Similarly to the search results page, click on the button with a price, and select Gift This Book option.
3. A dialog box will appear, where you should type the email address of the recipient of the gift. Other fields are optional: your name and message.
You can also decide whether you want the gift delivered now or in the future. If you check Other Date option, you will be able to set the date up to 90 days in advance.
So, if you want to gift an iBooks book for Christmas, the earliest date you can do it is September 27th.
Things to know
To make sure your gift gets delivered, read the following.
1. Make sure the email address of the recipient is the one that person is using as a login to the iBooks Store.
2. You can only send a gift to a person who is using the same iBooks Store.
In other words, if you are shopping in the U.K. iBooks Store, you can’t gift a book to someone who is shopping in the U.S. iBooks Store.
3. iTunes Store is localized in around 150 countries, but the iBooks Store is not in all of them.
That’s quite easy to check out. If you can’t connect with the iBooks Store from your iBooks app, the recipient will also not be able to do this.
4. Double check whether the recipient of the gift is using iBooks to read ebooks. If she or he is using another book-reading app from the App Store, naming only Kindle or Marvin, you gift may miss the target.
• • •
More posts to check out:
- Download free books to your Kindle app for iPad and iPhone
- Use Kindle app for iOS to read articles you find on the web
- Kindle for iOS – powerful reference tools you should use more often
- New Kindle apps for Android and iOS are all about the look
- How to add Audible narration to Kindle for iPad and iPhone
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: iPhone.
Tips and tricks
Amazon Charts – top 10 facts about the next-generation bestseller lists
Amazon Charts are innovative rankings of Top 20 Most Sold and Top 20 Most Read books in combined reading formats that are updated on a weekly basis.
Kindle Oasis 2 – things you should know before buying it
Pros and cons of the second-generation Kindle Oasis explained from a user’s point of view.
15 awesome case covers for your new Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017)
All-new Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017) cases, sleeves, and accessories you can already get. The list is frequently updated with new items.
15 best bookish gifts of 2017 – a holiday gift guide for book lovers
A holiday gift guide for anyone who wants to find a gift for the book lover. Books, special book editions, subscriptions, personal accessories, jewelry, home decor, and more.
50 most popular images about books, reading, and libraries
A list of images about books, reading, and libraries, that were most frequently shared on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media networks.
50 illustrations that cleverly describe what books are about
The best illustrations about books and reading. By Paweł Kuczyński, Andrea De Santis, Jungho Lee, Gürbüz Doğan Ekşioğlu, Dale Edwin Murray, and Mariusz Stawarski, among others.