Books on the Wall, the site that offers minimalist posters for book lovers, has designed an interesting infographic listing most famous novels.
What do all these books have in common? They were originally published in magazine or newspapers in weekly or monthly installments.
In the 1800s and early to mid-1900s, serialization was an immensely popular form of publishing. Publishing works in serialized form gave authors a much wider readership since even poorer readers could afford short volumes.
Click or tap the infographic to see it enlarged.
More to explore:
- 6 steps to read more books – more efficiently (infographic)
- Benefits of reading graphic novels (infographic)
- Forbidden books from around the world (infographic)
- 10 must-read books on user experience and usability (infographic)
- How to write, promote, and sell an ebook – in 9 easy steps (infographic)
Is there a book lover in your life whom you would like to give an exceptional gift this Christmas? Explore these gift lists to find the most refreshing ideas!