If you buy an item via this post, we may get a small affiliate fee. Details.
Gift cards, digital content, or subscriptions are perfect last-minute gifts. Don’t wait – get them right now at reduced prices thanks to current deals and sales.
With the growing popularity of digital content, many people postpone the decision to buy Christmas gifts to the very last day.
It works perfectly! You buy a gift card, an audiobook, or a digital subscription the day you are going to give the gift, set the time to send via email or messaging platform, and done! Some of us even manage to print out the selected gift design and put it into a gift envelope.
You did it many times already, didn’t you?
The only problem with modern last-minute gifts is that you can’t save money, like with last-minute holidays or flights.
That’s why it’s good to adjust the habit and look for digital or digitally sent Christmas gifts a few weeks earlier – when there is the biggest chance to save the most money.
In the following list, you will see all the best ebooks, audiobooks, and digital subscriptions that you can get right now – and with some of them you can save even 80%! Just remember to fix the delivery date for December 25.
The best time to hunt for gift deals is the Black Friday & Cyber Monday weekend, as well as the following week. Then, until the very Christmas, there are almost no deals. Price cuts come right after Christmas, but they are addressed to those who have just received new devices.
Shopping events in 2020
- Valentine’s Day ⇢ February 14 – deals start coming at the beginning of February
- National Reading Month ⇢ March 2020 – mainly on Amazon, several deals on books, ebooks, and Amazon devices
- Mother’s Day ⇢ May 12 in the US – online deal stores launched at the beginning of May; biggest deals revealed on the last weekend
- Father’s Day ⇢ June 16 in the US – deals start appearing from the beginning of the month
- Prime Day ⇢ Predicted for July 13-14 – early deals are revealed a week before; main Prime Day deals start on Monday
- Summer Deals ⇢ July and August – attractive deals offered throughout entire holiday time
- Back to School ⇢ second half of August – school supplies, textbooks, printers, school uniforms, and more
- Black Friday ⇢ November 27 – early deals appear at the beginning of November, second wave during the last weekend; main deals revealed on the preceding Thursday
- Cyber Monday ⇢ November 30 – many Black Friday deals are still valid; new deals on digital content (ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies) and tech stuff
- Green Monday ⇢ December 7 – the last chance to order gifts and get them safely delivered for Christmas; some of the deals are unexpectedly attractive
- Boxing Day ⇢ December 26 – a shopping event to users who want to make the most of their Christmas gifts. Great deals on electronics and digital content.
- End-of-year Deals ⇢ last days of 2020 – mainly deals on digital content; they are revealed during Christmas and are active through December 31
Gift ideas – what other users are searching for?
Best last-minute gifts & deals – Christmas 2019
Status: Active through December 31, 2019
Gifting Kindle Unlimited is back in the Amazon store, after almost a year of unavailability.
You can save 50% on the 6-month plan – the highest price drop ever offered – making it the most suitable gift for avid Kindle users.
The prices on 12 and 24-month plans are the same as before, but the deal on the 6-month subscription is shockingly low.
Instead of paying the regular price for six months – $9.99/month x 6 =
$59.94 – you pay only $29.97. It means you pay for three months, and the gift recipient can enjoy Kindle Unlimited for three more months.
Here is a great last-minute gift idea for Barnes & Noble users (and if you get it until December 3, you will save even 20%).
When you purchase one of beautiful gift cards on the online B&N store, you will get a free $10 reward, if the gift value exceeds $50.
It means that with the $50 purchase you save 20%. The reward will be delivered to you by mail on December 26. It will expire on February 29, 2020.
If you plan to buy a specialty gift card in a one of Target stores or online, you can save 5%, if you pay with your RedCard – Target’s store card that enables users to access multiple benefits.
Among the product categories that you can shop with your RedCard are specialty gift cards, including Apple iTunes, Disney, American Express, eBay, Netflix, and Spotify.
Don’t have a RedCard? When you apply for a card before December 15, you will get $40 off a future qualifying purchase over $40.
Status: Valid while supplies last
Walmart is another great source of gift cards of all kinds. Currently, you can still buy select cards for a price reduced by 10%.
Among the featured cards, you will see CBS All Access, Showtime, Fanatics, Door Dash, and more. For instance, the CBS All Access $50 card costs $45.
Status: Ended on December 4, 2019
If you are determined to gift a particular Kindle book this year (we list the best books of 2019 here), you can buy a single ebook, and if you do it through December 4, you can get $5 back in a form of credit for your next purchases in the Kindle Store, if you purchase exceeds $20.
Simply, go to the home page of this limited time offer and click “Activate Now” button.
Gifting a book in a digital format, such as Kindle edition, is a guarantee it will arrive on time, even if buy it the same day.
The only question is: which Kindle book to gift? Which one is good enough to give it to the book lover in your life? One of the best resources is an annual list revealed by Amazon which includes the best books of the year.
The list of Top 100 Best Kindle Books of 2019 includes Margaret Atwood’s The Testaments (a sequel to the bestselling The Handmaid’s Tale), which was named by Amazon editors the #1 Book of 2019.
You will also find on the list the newest books by Colson Whitehead (The Nickel Boys), Salman Rushdie (Quichotte), Elizabeth Gilbert (City of Girls), or Alex Michaelides (The Silent Patient).
Status: Valid, until supplies last
Right now, in the Gift Cards & Coupons section, eBay highlights a deal that should get you interested if you have an Apple fan in your life.
You can buy a $50 App Store & iTunes gift card for only $42.50, what makes a 15% saving. This card is valid for purchases in the US Apple Store.
Status: Ongoing offer, no end date revealed
If there is a book lover among your closest relatives, gifting an audiobook is one of the best gift ideas at hand.
Gifting a $30 audiobook that’s on every recommendation list you come across is already a great gift idea. The only question is: will the gift recipient like it?
There is a better idea. Instead of giving a single audiobook, gift a pre-paid Audible membership.
Go to Audible Gift Membership Center on Amazon and select the pre-paid plan you want to gift. You can choose from four plans: 1, 3, 6, and 12-month.
The 3-month plan is the most popular option. For $45 the member will get 3 full-length audiobooks and 6 Audible Originals.
Here is another idea of how to get someone a gift, especially if you are planning to buy something for yourself.
Apple is running a Black Friday & Cyber Monday event online, and you can get an Apple Store gift cards, if you one of select iPad, iPhone or Apple Watch models.
Here are the examples:
- Get a $50 gift card with a purchase of iPhone 8
- Get a $50 gift card with a purchase of iPhone XR
- Get a $25 gift card when you buy Apple Watch 3
Status: Valid through December 22, 2019
If you could not find a specific gift for your family member or friend, and decide to buy an Amazon gift card instead, you can still make it an extremely creative gift.
You will be able not only to choose from hundreds of wonderful artworks but also add your photo or image. Plus, there are several ways to customize the way the gift is delivered.
On top of that, you can earn $5 as a credit that will be added to your account towards your next eligible purchase on Amazon. The reward will be automatically applied when you purchase the card for $50 or more and when you send the gift as a text message.
Status: Valid; no end date revealed
If you are an active Prime member, you should check out this special offer in which you can gift Prime membership to another Amazon customer, and save 10% on the selected plan.
Two plans are available:
- 3 months – a price for you is $35 instead of $39,
- 12 months – the deal price is set at $107, compared to a regular $119.
Amazon does not reveal for how long the offer is valid, but this is labeled as a Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal, so it will most probably end long before Christmas.
• • •
Best gifts to give book lovers in 2020
Based on ratings and reviews from top online stores.
“Library Books” pencil holder organizer
A must-have office supply caddy for every home library. It’s shaped and painted to look like a set of ornate books. The bottom book is a pull-out drawer.
Average rating: 4.1/5
Fashionable blue light blocking glasses
Maintain healthy eyes by reducing exposure to high energy blue light emitted by tablet, smartphone, and computer screens. J+S Vision glasses are available in six styles and colors – a perfect gift for her and him.
Average rating: 4.4/5
Innovative reading light and USB charger
This innovative bedroom nightstand light from Brightech has a unique shape that would fit modern, urban flats. It features a touch switch dimmer, and comes with a built-in USB charger.
Average rating: 4.4/5
Keep exploring. Here are other gift ideas for book lovers:
- Beat writer’s block! Here are 15 useful iPad cases and accessories for writing
- 21 innovative iPad cases and accessories that are best suited for reading
- 17 unique Kindle cases that you won’t find on Amazon
- 37 new unique gifts to give book readers this holiday season
- Why gifting Kindle Unlimited this Christmas makes more sense than ever