The new infographic lists literature’s most iconic love stories and maps them onto countries they are set in.
Looking for a next love story to read? The new visual from Global English Editing is a fantastic way to spend time not only on Valentine’s Day.
The infographic is in fact an epic literary map of the world, where one book represents one country. It includes not only great romance novels. There are also poetry books here, as well as memoirs and biographies.
Some of the books are lighthearted romance novels, while others are monumental classics of world literature. Many of the stories end happily, but some do not. What they all share is a central theme of love.
What are the greatest love stories set in the United States, Italy, France? The answers are obvious because the books are famous. When it comes to other countries, however, you may find yourself in need to learn more about the featured titles.
Take a look at the infographic below, and make sure to read summaries of all books in the original post on Global English Editing blog.
Keep exploring. Here are more infographics about books and reading:
- 18 business books you can finish on your lunch break (infographic)
- A timeline of international book fairs in 2019 (infographic)
- The state of books and reading in 2018 (infographic)
- The best 2018 infographics about books, libraries, and reading
- The ultimate gift-giving guide – which gifts to give and when (infographic)