Amazon has just added one more service to the already large portfolio of benefits available for Prime members.
Amazon users who subscribe to Prime can now enjoy an unlimited access to the new short-form digital audio service, Audible Channels.
Audible Channels was introduced earlier this year. It’s a carefully curated selection of original programs, lectures, and audio editions of standout articles and news from top sources, such as:
- The Wall Street Journal,
- The New York Times,
- Harvard Business Review,
Audible Channels also showcases 20 playlists hand-selected by Audible editors, “from essential stories of the day, meditation and commute-sized comedy to compilations on science, history, technology and more.”
Without Prime membership, you will have to pay $4.95 a month for Audible Channels subscription. It makes $59.40 per year. Compare it to $99 per year for Prime – and Prime includes tons of services.
We’ve got a detailed overview of Amazon Prime. Enough to say, members have a free shipping of over 20 million items, free access to over 1.5 million songs, 1 million books from Kindle Owner’s Lending Library, and thousands of Prime videos.
The lineup of ad-free programming from Audible Channels includes, among others:
- Presidents are People Too!, a series that transforms U.S. Presidents into real-life people complete with quirks, flaws, triumphs, scandals and bodily ailments, hosted by former “The Daily Show” head writer Elliott Kalan and American historian Alexis Coe,
- Bedtime Stories for Cynics, inappropriate children’s stories for adults only, presented by Nick Offerman of “Parks and Recreation” fame,
- Hold On with Eugene Mirman, in which Mirman pauses funny live stories and gets his special comedian guests, including Jim Gaffigan and “Weird Al” Yankovic to divulge new details,
- Limelight, highlighting the best new stand-up performances from comedy clubs across the country, with rotating guest hosts such as T.J. Miller, Ron Funches and the Sklar Brothers,
To access Audible Channels for Prime, download the Audible app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10.
More about Amazon:
- 22 short stories and short story collections you have to read in 2017
- Interested in new Fire tablets? You can save 20% if you buy any three of them
- Amazon launches thinner Fire 7 and cheaper Fire HD 8
- New Kindle bundles include a free travel bag worth $70
- Here are Amazon’s Kindle and Fire deals for Mother’s Day 2017
Tips and tricks
How to gift Kindle Unlimited ebook subscription
Kindle Unlimited is a monthly ebook subscription but you can gift someone a longer subscription plan – and it’s easier than you think.
Amazon Prime Reading – most important things to know
Most important things to know about Amazon Prime Reading in a form of single-minded questions and answers.
8 best gift ideas for the Nook owner in your life
Here are some ideas to let you pick the perfect gift for someone who is addicted to reading Nook books.
27 magical Harry Potter gifts and accessories
Check out the list of the most magical Harry Potter gifts – from jewelry to personal items, to posters and wall art, to scented candles, to clothing.
50 best Samsung Galaxy Tab cases and accessories in 2017
An updated selection of the best Samsung Galaxy Tab case covers, sleeves, and accessories. Tab A, Tab S3/S2, Tab 4, and more.
50 best literary gifts for a modern-day book lover
This updated list of the best literary gifts for book lovers includes home decor, clothing, accessories, jewelry, and e-reader covers.