Amazon has just added one more service to the already large portfolio of benefits available for Prime members.
Amazon users who subscribe to Prime can now enjoy an unlimited access to the new short-form digital audio service, Audible Channels.
Audible Channels was introduced earlier this year. It’s a carefully curated selection of original programs, lectures, and audio editions of standout articles and news from top sources, such as:
- The Wall Street Journal,
- The New York Times,
- Harvard Business Review,
Audible Channels also showcases 20 playlists hand-selected by Audible editors, “from essential stories of the day, meditation and commute-sized comedy to compilations on science, history, technology and more.”
Without Prime membership, you will have to pay $4.95 a month for Audible Channels subscription. It makes $59.40 per year. Compare it to $99 per year for Prime – and Prime includes tons of services.
We’ve got a detailed overview of Amazon Prime. Enough to say, members have a free shipping of over 20 million items, free access to over 1.5 million songs, 1 million books from Kindle Owner’s Lending Library, and thousands of Prime videos.
The lineup of ad-free programming from Audible Channels includes, among others:
- Presidents are People Too!, a series that transforms U.S. Presidents into real-life people complete with quirks, flaws, triumphs, scandals and bodily ailments, hosted by former “The Daily Show” head writer Elliott Kalan and American historian Alexis Coe,
- Bedtime Stories for Cynics, inappropriate children’s stories for adults only, presented by Nick Offerman of “Parks and Recreation” fame,
- Hold On with Eugene Mirman, in which Mirman pauses funny live stories and gets his special comedian guests, including Jim Gaffigan and “Weird Al” Yankovic to divulge new details,
- Limelight, highlighting the best new stand-up performances from comedy clubs across the country, with rotating guest hosts such as T.J. Miller, Ron Funches and the Sklar Brothers,
To access Audible Channels for Prime, download the Audible app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10.
More about Amazon:
- Amazon Prime Reading – the 2018 list of free books and comics
- Up to 80% off the first book in popular series on Kindle – a great way to start a New Year
- 2017 year-end Kindle deals – over 1,300 books with prices reduced by up to 80%
- Last-minute Kindle deals: Paperwhite, Kindle Unlimited, top fiction reads, and more
- Join Amazon Charts for a chance to win Kindle Paperwhite
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Amazon.
Leave a comment
Tips and tricks
A Chrome extension lets you discover a book every time you open a new tab
100 Million Books extension for Chrome browser is a friendly reminder to read great books.
Apple iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9 – tech specs, comparisons, more
Everything you need to know about iPad Pro tablets released in 2017: an overview of the features, full tech specifications, comparisons with Samsung Galaxy models, pictures, and more.
17 insanely colorful Amazon Fire 7 (2017) cases and sleeves
Brighten your life with the Fire 7 tablet, and brighten your Fire 7 tablet with one of these colorful cases, covers, and sleeves. They fit the 7th generation Amazon Fire 7, released in June 2017.
35 gifts your dad will love as much as he loves books
A list of the unique gifts for the dad who has everything and who loves reading books. Personal accessories, home decor ideas, tech gadgets, digital subscriptions, Kindle bundles, and more.
50 best literary gifts for a modern-day book lover
This updated list of the best literary gifts for book lovers includes home decor, clothing, candles, accessories, jewelry, and e-reader case covers.
50 awesome literary t-shirts for book lovers
A selection of the coolest literary t-shirts that will help express how much you love books. Tees from Etsy, Zazzle, Threadless, Society6, CafePress, and Amazon.