Amazon has just added one more service to the already large portfolio of benefits available for Prime members.
Amazon users who subscribe to Prime can now enjoy an unlimited access to the new short-form digital audio service, Audible Channels.
Audible Channels was introduced earlier this year. It’s a carefully curated selection of original programs, lectures, and audio editions of standout articles and news from top sources, such as:
- The Wall Street Journal,
- The New York Times,
- Harvard Business Review,
Audible Channels also showcases 20 playlists hand-selected by Audible editors, “from essential stories of the day, meditation and commute-sized comedy to compilations on science, history, technology and more.”
Without Prime membership, you will have to pay $4.95 a month for Audible Channels subscription. It makes $59.40 per year. Compare it to $99 per year for Prime – and Prime includes tons of services.
We’ve got a detailed overview of Amazon Prime. Enough to say, members have a free shipping of over 20 million items, free access to over 1.5 million songs, 1 million books from Kindle Owner’s Lending Library, and thousands of Prime videos.
The lineup of ad-free programming from Audible Channels includes, among others:
- Presidents are People Too!, a series that transforms U.S. Presidents into real-life people complete with quirks, flaws, triumphs, scandals and bodily ailments, hosted by former “The Daily Show” head writer Elliott Kalan and American historian Alexis Coe,
- Bedtime Stories for Cynics, inappropriate children’s stories for adults only, presented by Nick Offerman of “Parks and Recreation” fame,
- Hold On with Eugene Mirman, in which Mirman pauses funny live stories and gets his special comedian guests, including Jim Gaffigan and “Weird Al” Yankovic to divulge new details,
- Limelight, highlighting the best new stand-up performances from comedy clubs across the country, with rotating guest hosts such as T.J. Miller, Ron Funches and the Sklar Brothers,
To access Audible Channels for Prime, download the Audible app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10.
More about Amazon:
- Case covers for Kindle Oasis 2 that you might have missed
- Amazon’s official Kindle Oasis 2 case cover gets mixed reviews
- Black Friday 2017 – Anker accessories are up to 75% off!
- Amazon reveals Kindle bestsellers for each year, since 2007
- Here are the best books of 2017 picked by Amazon editors
Want even more? Check out all articles in this topic: Amazon.
Tips and tricks
Chrome extension finds matching library books while you browse Amazon, Goodreads
Library Extension for Chrome lets you instantly see print or digital book availability from your local library. So, you’ve found an interesting…
Apple iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9 – tech specs, comparisons, more
Everything you need to know about iPad Pro tablets released in 2017: an overview of the features, full tech specifications, comparisons with Samsung Galaxy models, pictures, and more.
18 best gifts and accessories for the mom who loves books
Gifts your book-loving mother will be pleased to get: literary accessories, book-scented candles, bookish home decor, literature-themed jewelry and much more!
11 Nook Tablet 7 (2016) cases for different needs and tastes
Best examples of case covers for Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 7 (2016) – both original and third-party.
50 best Kindle cases and accessories to buy in 2017
Find the best Kindle cases and accessories for the basic Kindle, Paperwhite, Voyage, and Oasis. The list includes items not only from Amazon, but also Etsy, Caseable, eBay, and other sites.
50 motivating quotes about books and reading
A list of most wonderful and motivating quotes about books and reading. Some of them are beautifully visualized by top designers.