Amazon has just added one more service to the already large portfolio of benefits available for Prime members.
Amazon users who subscribe to Prime can now enjoy an unlimited access to the new short-form digital audio service, Audible Channels.
Audible Channels was introduced earlier this year. It’s a carefully curated selection of original programs, lectures, and audio editions of standout articles and news from top sources, such as:
- The Wall Street Journal,
- The New York Times,
- Harvard Business Review,
Audible Channels also showcases 20 playlists hand-selected by Audible editors, “from essential stories of the day, meditation and commute-sized comedy to compilations on science, history, technology and more.”
Without Prime membership, you will have to pay $4.95 a month for Audible Channels subscription. It makes $59.40 per year. Compare it to $99 per year for Prime – and Prime includes tons of services.
We’ve got a detailed overview of Amazon Prime. Enough to say, members have a free shipping of over 20 million items, free access to over 1.5 million songs, 1 million books from Kindle Owner’s Lending Library, and thousands of Prime videos.
The lineup of ad-free programming from Audible Channels includes, among others:
- Presidents are People Too!, a series that transforms U.S. Presidents into real-life people complete with quirks, flaws, triumphs, scandals and bodily ailments, hosted by former “The Daily Show” head writer Elliott Kalan and American historian Alexis Coe,
- Bedtime Stories for Cynics, inappropriate children’s stories for adults only, presented by Nick Offerman of “Parks and Recreation” fame,
- Hold On with Eugene Mirman, in which Mirman pauses funny live stories and gets his special comedian guests, including Jim Gaffigan and “Weird Al” Yankovic to divulge new details,
- Limelight, highlighting the best new stand-up performances from comedy clubs across the country, with rotating guest hosts such as T.J. Miller, Ron Funches and the Sklar Brothers,
To access Audible Channels for Prime, download the Audible app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10.
More about Amazon:
- 17 insanely colorful Amazon Fire 7 (2017) cases and sleeves
- Prime Day 2017 – a complete list of Kindle and Fire deals
- Today only, get 20 Kindle bestsellers for $2.99 or less (Prime-exclusive)
- Prime Day 2017 deal – save up to 40% on Kindle Unlimited prepaid plans
- Amazon Prime Day by the numbers (infographic)
Tips and tricks
Chrome extension finds matching library books while you browse Amazon, Goodreads
Library Extension for Chrome lets you instantly see print or digital book availability from your local library. So, you’ve found an interesting…
How to add large files to Kindle and Kindle apps for iOS, Android
Here are ways to add a large personal file to your Kindle e-reader, Kindle for iOS, and Kindle for Android.
17 insanely colorful Amazon Fire 7 (2017) cases and sleeves
Brighten your life with the Fire 7 tablet, and brighten your Fire 7 tablet with one of these colorful cases, covers, and sleeves. They fit the 7th generation Amazon Fire 7, released in June 2017.
8 best gift ideas for the Nook owner in your life
Here are some ideas to let you pick the perfect gift for someone who is addicted to reading Nook books.
50 thought-provoking quotes about libraries and librarians
A list of the best quotes about libraries and librarians, together with quotes that you can share as images.
50 awesome literary t-shirts for book lovers
A selection of the coolest literary t-shirts that will help express how much you love books. Tees from Etsy, Zazzle, Threadless, Society6, CafePress, and Amazon.